Seafood offers plenty of benefits if it is added to the daily diet. Unfortunately, there are plenty of things to be kept in mind before preparing or consuming seafood as it has a tendency to spoil very quickly. Here are a few tips to help you keep you and your family safe while consuming seafood:
· Defrost seafood under running water or in the microwave oven.
· Wash your hands very well with an antibacterial soap after handling any kind of seafood.
· Rinse defrosted seafood once before preparation to remove any surface bacteria.
· Marinated seafood needs to be preserved in the refrigerator to avoid going bad.
· Any raw juice from seafood needs to be wiped up immediately to avoid it from infecting other the counter or food kept on the counter.
· After you have finished preparing seafood, wash every utensil, plateware used with hot and soapy water to prevent bacteria from thriving and cross contaminating other food.
· Replace all sponges, dishtowels, etc. regularly to prevent falling victim to food poisoning.
· Seafood needs to be stored in the refrigerator or freezer in plastic resealable bags to avoid contaminating any other food items.
If you follow the above mentioned tips carefully, you can enjoy your seafood delicacies without risking falling sick. Many experts also recommend avoid eating seafood at questionable restaurants, as they might not follow the proper precautions required while preparing seafood.
Read More : Five Important Flavors In Chinese Cuisine